Auto reconnect to stream if stopped?

About XMTV Player Forums Development Auto reconnect to stream if stopped?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SuperUser 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

SuperUser
    Participant

Hi there, i have found that player stops if connection is corrupted.

Is it any chance to make some settings or inside an XMTV player or as link provided has option autoreconnect?

That would be usefull?
    I am using little streamer frome home with xmtv player on 3g.

So i can watch my security cam from outside. It is http stream.

But need option to autoreconnect if signal is lost.

Any chance to make it happen?

Instead of keep pressing reconnect button? To start watching again?

support
    Keymaster

Yes its a good option and Ill add it, you will be able to enable it from settings section
    Regards

SuperUser
    Participant

Thanks a lot, one more thing.
    Please add x retries in options as well. Some of streams what i have tested does not work at first time, such as ustream, but in practice after x retrys they are working. Would be great. Default 5 retries then error message, could be custom one ;).
    Thanks.

SuperUser
    Participant

Dear support, regarding this reconnect function:

-buffer size can be increesed in setting i know thats working perfectly.
    -will you also add function to not show reconnect dialog? That is frustrating seeing something in the middle of the screen.
    -also that should be seamless reconnect as it should fill buffer back up.
    -and x retrys added (5 by default)
    Any of that would be possible?
    Can not wait for it happen as of i cannot watch my webstream over xbmc, using vlc temporarily untill this feature will be added

One more thing if you need to show this dialog box to reconnect, please do it in top left corner instead on the middle of the screen ;)
    Regards, SuperUser

support
    Keymaster

Hi SuperUser, sorry for delayed response. We start working on this features, hope that thay will come soon in night build.
    Regarding your add-on, if you want when you are ready you can send link and we will add it in our site.

buffer size can be increesed in setting i know thats working perfectly.
    – You mean to increase default value?
    -will you also add function to not show reconnect dialog? That is frustrating seeing something in the middle of the screen.
    Yep, during reconnect attempt dialog will be not visible.
    – This can not understand clearly, can you give me more details about it.
    -and x retrys added (5 by default)
    Retry value will be able to turn on/off and setup attempt count from settings

Cheers

SuperUser
    Participant

Hi support,

– This can not understand clearly, can you give me more details about it.

This seamless reconnect that was just a theory question, without much visible to the user if its lost/reconnect state

If we have buffer set on for so far (etc – 6sec), then stream actually have that 6 sec to catch up if its disconnected (lost connectivity, stream has been corrupted, etc)
    As of buffer should be filled back up once reconnected.

Am i right?

Yes i will send you test apk once it will go out from its beta test, still got some test to accomplish over my own api to make it more secure.

support
    Keymaster

Hi SuperUser, just to ask you whats think about xmtvs, I have idea and need to discuss it with you. Scheme will be following:

1. from web site (xmtv) dev will be able to generate random password paired with token,
    2. all links must be crypted with password that are generated from system
    3. in xmtvs:// link will be passed token.
    4. xmtv will decrypt data with password which are paired with token passed in xmtvs link
    5. video link will be passed to player.

Cheers

SuperUser
    Participant

Hi support i think it is good idea but at end of the day that can be passed from preson to person aka sharing link to be able to play it – only by having xmtvs link, what i would do is make sure noone else is able to play such as links, only user that added it.

Ahh almost forgot, i have registered myself in that monetize site but never got email back of them to confirm my account. Once i will get that i will need you to get me correct ads id for my plugin, cheers.

I am pretty new to android that is why it takes me a while to make plugin work good. With tests included. I know you are using base64 coding, how did you implement it? In androd app? Or witch class did you used, sun, apache or something else?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  SuperUser.

support
    Keymaster

About ads account, you must login in AdIQuity and check is your Ad id is active. During app registration they ask for APK location, where app is published. After that we will be able to link your id with xmtv ad id, which must be passed as parameter, from addon.

for xmtvs, there is a option to develop API which can encrypt link and add session timeout value, if somebody tryng to shere it it will work 5 min for example, and also you will be able to pass some mp4 for example to be loaded if session expire like internal ad :)

Here is some sample how to encode/decode Base64 with Android
    import android.util.Base64

// Encode text to Base64
    byte[] data = text.getBytes("UTF-8");
    String base64 = Base64.encodeToString(data, Base64.DEFAULT);
    // Decode text to Base64
    byte[] data = Base64.decode(base64, Base64.DEFAULT);
    String text = new String(data, "UTF-8");

Cheers

SuperUser
    Participant

Thanks for that, that is great to hear, but how you would be able to create/generate such as links? Via your site? Or would be possible to generate it via addon? If it an addon I more than welcome to use it :)

support
    Keymaster

there’s no point to be added in addon, addon can protect data itself with secure communication.
    Base idea is to be able to protect link which are loaded in webview. There is no matter where API will be stay. Here is model

base64 decoded uncrypted sample:

Scenario 1:
    parameter1 videol ink url
    parameter2 session value
    parameter3 verification end point API (SSL)
    parameter4 passkey-link

p1,p2,p3 values are encrypted, after xmtv app receive xmtvs://data will decode it and will send request to end point API server to verify session, if session is ok, player will proceed to play video link, if session are expired API may return vod with video ad for Addon.

Scenario 2:
    parameter1 session value
    parameter2 verification end point API (SSL)

in this case xmtv will ask end point for video link based on session key, end point API will return actual video link if session is valid.

Whats think about that?

Cheers

SuperUser
    Participant

This is great just make sure api calls will not send pure json data :) coz that data could be fiddled, in very basic way :) even trough ssl, i have an ideal encryption what sends from api calls to user in easier encrypted way but without session witch i may add myself later on in my addon, unfortunetly i have no secure shell layer to test on, but there is no need for it, as of whole play function doesnot return connection state in tcp. Even as it connects to streams it does locally, without Fiddler knowledge. Only wireshark can pick it up.

SuperUser
    Participant

Hi support any news about autoreconnect function?

I am sure you could do loop function easy.

For StreamStop do Connect(“url”) until retries=5 <- just theory

Then call that realStream stopped function?

Thanks.

SuperUser
    Participant

Dear support, i have used autoreconnect function its doing its job but still not as good as it should be,
    as its reconnects it fill buffer live streams are speeding up until it come back to live state, i think it should not speed up just keep buffering in background and play as normal video, lets say youtube it buffers on front and let video been played as normal.
    Hope you understood me.
    Many thanks for this feature anyways

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IPTV | Smart TV | Mobile Theatre Software | Media Player for Android(tm)