Little request

About XMTV Player Forums Development Little request

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Oconnel 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Oconnel
    Participant

First of all – XMTVPlayer is great. It’s one of a few which can play almost anything I throw at him. I’m developing some Android application and users will be prompt to install XMTV-Player, so my app can use it. But I have little request. Could you be so kind and add support for “hidden” functionality. It’s very simple. If I execute Intent to run XMTV Player I would add extra information – like this:

Intent.putExtra(‘HiddenMode’, True);

If XMTV receives such parameter it would not show to the user playing path URL (at the bottom) and “favorite” button should also be hidden. I need this very much. I want to hide some streams from the user so he can’t just add them to some external favorite list or history list. Something like Incognito function in Chrome webbrowser. No information is saved about the stream.

I hoping you can add such feature for me. My app is already used by many users so if I change current player that I use, you will benefit from this change (more users for your application too).

If it’s not to hard (optional) you could also add something like this:

Intent.putExtra(‘NoExitPrompt’, True);

…so user can pull back from XMTV Player with just one click of hardware “Back” button instead of two clicks. It will be nice addition too.

I belive it’s very simple to add. I will wait for your reply (and I hope soon).

Regards, Daniel Zaborowski

support
    Keymaster

Yes it’s really simple, and we will add it in next release. If you have other params that you want to control, add it as reply and we make it asap in next version. At this moment regarding url, if you use Intent and pass name of stream url is not showing in player, also share and fave action use encryption and ordinary user can not access real url address.

Oconnel
    Participant

That’s really great news! Thank you so much for this. So, I have few additional questions:

1. How can I precise stream name with intent? (simple example would be nice)
    2. Encryption of favorites streams is nice but I want user to run streams from my app and not from favorites tab in XMTV Player :) So this hidden feature is really needed by me.
    3. When streams are playing there is a yellow bar visible (buffering?) at the bottom of the screen. Even when this progress bar is full (100%) -it’s stays visible forever. How can I hide it? And if I can’t maybe you can add another param for it? This bar breaks immersion a little bit :) Or just hide it automatically when buffer is full.
    4. When can I expect next release? I can’t wait to test it :)

Regards.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Oconnel.

support
    Keymaster

A:1. Here is short example how to set display name of stream:

Bundle bnd = new Bundle();
    bnd.putString(“path”, uri);
    bnd.putString(“name”, Title);
    Intent intent = new Intent();
    intent.setClassName(“com.xmtvplayer.watch.live.streams”,”org.zeipel.videoplayer.XMTVPlayer”);
    intent.putExtras(bnd);
    startActivityForResult(intent, 100);

A:2. , 3. I’m agree with you and this options will be added.

A:4. Up to Thursday (11 Dec) beta version will be ready and will be available for download as night build.
    2.0.9.2 Version will include options that you requested and also option to add video ads as pre-roll.

Regards

Oconnel
    Participant

Again, thank you very much for all of this – great support. I will be waiting.

Leontari
    Participant

Hello,

would be possible to add another option ?

To have the choice to Load an m3u playlist from a URL. And whenever someone makes a change to the URL and saves it online, you just have to hit refresh and you see the new channels. No need to download it and keep it in your device every time there is a change.

Also, I agree with Oconnel on being able to remove the yellow buffering line on the bottom of the channel playing.

Keep up the great work. This is the first player that plays everything!

support
    Keymaster

Hi guys,
    Night build is ready, you can test it and let us know if there any issues. You can download it Night Build 2.0.9.2
    Fixes:
    – correct handling of external link like IPTV and IPTV Pro app (http://$OPT links)

Added option in Settings:
    – enable RGBA8888
    – hide yellow buffer line

Added option to control player from external app:
    bnd.putBoolean(“HiddenMode”, true); // Hide Share & Favorite button from player
    bnd.putBoolean(“NoExitPrompt”, true); // Exit from player with one click of back button
    bnd.putBoolean(“HideBufferLine”, true); // Hide yellow buffer status line

Added option to monetize video streams with Video Ads and Banner over video.
    I’ll wait for your comments
    Regards

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  support.

Oconnel
    Participant

I already test it (nightly build) and I very, very happy :) Everything works excellent! Thank you very much! My last question is obvious – when this night build will be availble in Google Play?

support
    Keymaster

Tomorrow at this time app will be published on app stores, and hope 2-3h after that will be available for download.
    Cheers.

Leontari
    Participant

Hide Yellow buffer line: CHECK!

Correct handling of external link like IPTV and IPTV Pro app: CHECK! (and there is no need to form the url with http://$opt, it works with the normal http form! Great!)

Another “fix” you may implement on future release would be to just have to click ONCE on the back button than seeing first a message “press BACK again to EXIT” and than having to press back again.

Thank you!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Leontari.

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for confirmation.
    We are trying to handle all variants of link parameters :)

Cheers

support
    Keymaster

Another “fix” you may implement on future release would be to just have to click ONCE on the back button than seeing first a message “press BACK again to EXIT” and than having to press back again.

It will be added in settings on this release, Option is added and can be controlled from external app, I just forgot to add it in app :(

Cheers

Leontari
    Participant

so when is this version, being released ?
    also, what does the Check events option does if I check “disabled” ?

support
    Keymaster

This version will release tomorrow, about “check event” at this moment app make regular check for updates, but main feature is live chat, that we will added soon and some type of forum where all guys that use xmtv will be able to share and comment streams and playlists. You can turn it off at this time.

About your question for http m3u, what you think about option to have access to web page where you will be able to organize your streams and playlists and access it directly in app.
    Cheers

Leontari
    Participant

About your question for http m3u, what you think about option to have access to web page where you will be able to organize your streams and playlists and access it directly in app.

if you can add such a feature would be great, but for now being able to use XMTV with IPTV Pro is just fine by me! :) It has a option to see the channel list in a grid, icons, list e.t.c. It’s nice and tidy being able to see many channels in one page than having to scroll a lot of times. So, maybe you can implement a “Sort channels” option too.

waiting for tomorrow’s release!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Leontari.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IPTV | Smart TV | Mobile Theatre Software | Media Player for Android(tm)