XMTV Player Recording function and EPG support

About XMTV Player Forums Development XMTV Player Recording function and EPG support

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ckngii 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ckngii
    Participant

XMTV Player recording capability and EPG

XMTV Player is probably my favorite app for watching tv streams.

Is there any chance this app will get a recording function? And maybe the option to add EPG sources?

I really like this app, and it would be really great if it could record tv streams.

I have tried Slim TV (by vizzio) it has a record function, but it has some problems with some tv streams that I watch. Also the recording is somewhat tricky. When you press the record button, it restarts the stream and routes it to something like a downloader.

IPTV Player Pro and VXG Player Pro (by video experts group) also has a recording function. When you hit record, it just records instantly and seamlessly while you are watching the stream. I think it’s probably one of the best recording implementation I’ve seen on an android app. No stream restarting or pausing.

For EPG and playlist management, I use Lazy IPTV.
    But it has some issues with XMTV player. Lazy IPTV is basically just a playlist manager, but you can add EPG sources and it also has a channel switcher which overlays the channel + the program guide (if available) on top of the video player you choose. When I use it’s channel switcher with XMTV Player, it’s not possible to change channels, I have to press back, leave XMTV Player, and choose another channel from Lazy IPTV. For some reason XMTV Player doesn’t stop and switch channels with the Lazy IPTV overlay.

The reasons why XMTV Player is not yet my default IPTV player:

NO recording function

NO EPG

NO playlist management

Has some trouble with some streams. As we know, it’s not easy to find the specific TV channels we want. And if we do find the channels we want, we don’t really have many options for sources, protocol, quality, etc. And we have to settle with whatever we luckily found. I have several itvitv.com channels which are a bit problematic. The streams are in wmv2/wmv3. Other players have trouble with these streams. Slim TV plays the video pixelated, and no audio, VXG/IPTV Player plays with no audio, mx player plays a bit better but with audio/video issues sometimes, OL Player (rtmp m3u8 player) seems to handle almost all the streams but with sync problems sometimes and OL Player doesn’t have any options/settings. XMTV Player somehow manages to play these streams but not perfect.

Also XMTV Player’s hadware acceleration/decoding option leads to no video on my device.

I don’t like XMTV Player’s big share button beside the channel switcher. I really don’t have a use for that share button which asks you to log in to facebook. And being right next to the channel switcher you can hit it accidentally.

Thanks to all the devs, I really like your app and I hope it will further develop into the app that will be my default IPTV player.

question: XMTV player is supposed to hande advanced url/m3u?

I recently tried this type of stream on XMTV Player and it failed to connect. OL Player was able to play it, Slim TV too

rtmp://89.248.168.57:1935/iguide playpath=0bf02qe6msgtu4s swfUrl=http://www.iguide.to/player/secure_player_iguide_token.swf live=1 pageUrl=http://www.iguide.to/view/1/HBO token=#ed%h0#w18623jsda6523lDGDve

last question: why is XMTV Player connecting to 37.221.168.80:80 every time I open it?

support
    Keymaster

–Is there any chance this app will get a recording function? And maybe the option to add EPG sources?
    Yes we think in this direction, about recording and EPG, also looking for best way how to implement this functionality.
    Regarding recording, we think to add this feature as SAAS. You will be able to schedule time and duration for your record and after record finishing you will be able do download video.

–I recently tried this type of stream on XMTV Player and it failed to connect. OL Player was able to play it, Slim TV too
    rtmp://89.248.168.57:1935/iguide playpath=0bf02qe6msgtu4s swfUrl=http://www.iguide.to/player/secure_player_iguide_token.swf live=1 pageUrl=http://www.iguide.to/view/1/HBO token=#ed%h0#w18623jsda6523lDGDve

you must add rtmp://$OPT:rtmp-raw= before mentioned video link, for more info please read http://xmtvplayer.com/build-m3u-file

–last question: why is XMTV Player connecting to 37.221.168.80:80 every time I open it?
    This connection is used to exchange some data with app regarding updates, URL optimization, cloud messaging and etc. All information is used just for internal stuff. We do not share with anyone any information.

ckngii
    Participant

Thank you for the reply.
    The stream link works now with rtmp://$OPT:rtmp-raw=

I’ve been seeing a lot of tv links on asian BBS with “p2p://” is it possible to play that via special url options?

You mentioned “SAAS” and “download” so that would mean it will be a special online service that will be using your servers, and probably a premium service.
    I was hoping for something like a simple local recording option like what VXG/IPTV Player implements.

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to improvements in url/stream/connection handling and better video playback/format support.

Thanks again

support
    Keymaster

There is not good way to be able to record any type stream, local on the device. Only method to watch and record simultaneously is to proxy video and save stream, but as I mentioned this not work for all type of streams. XMTV Player is free and will stay free, all services also will be free of charge.
    Cheers

ckngii
    Participant

I tried the .9.7.2 nightly and it now works with Lazy IPTV channel switcher.
    Thank you for the update.

By the way, I seem to be having trouble with RTSP and MMS streams. XMTV Player can play them but, most of the time it seems like it has difficulty connecting to these streams. Sometimes it gets stuck for a while on connecting/buffering, and then suddenly exits back to the file browser. And MMS streams at times have very noisy audio.
    I know the links are working because OL Player (rtmp m3u8 player) plays them RTSP without the same connecting difficulty as XMTV Player.

This was my experience even before trying the nightly.

Thanks again. Looking forward to more improvements.

ckngii
    Participant

I tested the RTSP stream again. It seems VXG Player can connect to it easily though when it plays them it’s just video, audio is missing most of the time. OL player plays with both video and audio, but with sync problems sometimes.

Thanks again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IPTV | Smart TV | Mobile Theatre Software | Media Player for Android(tm)